PM-ing Groups

Information about phpbb and setting up this whole forum thing

Moderator: Will

Auston
Commander of the Air Group (CAG)

PM-ing Groups

Post by Auston » Wed May 25, 2011 8:14 am

Hey, Will--is there any way I can PM an entire group?

I've got a Battlelords Mission up, but I'd like to send a message to all the people who have expressed interest, but might not check the boards very often. Is there an easy way to do this?
"Michael, you need to do what's right and string this blind chick along so Dad doesn't have to pay his debt to society."

-Gob Bluth
Will
Admiral
Admiral

Re: PM-ing Groups

Post by Will » Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 am

In the PM screen, there should be a list of groups you are in charge of. Click the group name and then click the add button (yes, the add button that is not near the groups list and more toward the enter a name box). The group name will then show up next to the "TO:."

You could also just add each person individually, having their names showing up in the to list as you add them.
Coco Crisp wrote:but boom, boom, bam, he hit me in the leg.
Auston

Post by Auston » Wed May 25, 2011 9:26 am

Will wrote:In the PM screen, there should be a list of groups you are in charge of. Click the group name and then click the add button (yes, the add button that is not near the groups list and more toward the enter a name box). The group name will then show up next to the "TO:."

You could also just add each person individually, having their names showing up in the to list as you add them.
There's a cap of 5 people, but there are more than 5 people in the group.

Also, I'll check again, but I swear I didn't come up as being in charge of the battlelords group. Let's see...

Yup, not there. Am I not in charge, or is there simply a limit to the groups I get to see on that screen?
"Michael, you need to do what's right and string this blind chick along so Dad doesn't have to pay his debt to society."

-Gob Bluth
Will
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Will » Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 am

fixed. Battlelords group wasn't set to receive group PMs.
Coco Crisp wrote:but boom, boom, bam, he hit me in the leg.